KK Superyachts is currently recruiting a full time TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDANT to join our team in Monaco
The job would consist of the following duties:
- Provide the principal point of contact for the Yacht Crew/Owner
- Technical Management of assigned vessels including Yachts, Passenger Yachts and Passenger Ships.
- Adhere to all approved technical, safety and security procedures and contribute to their development; update technical contact information on company IT systems and manage any relevant technical documentation.
- Provide interpretation of Class Rules and other related regulations; manage Class society block fee agreements; Monitor class survey schedules and requirements; Liaise with attending Class and Flag surveyors to ensure all items are dealt with satisfactorily.
- Promote the effective use of PMS systems and appropriate conditioning monitoring techniques; assist with establishing Planned Maintenance Systems and ensure PMS contains all flag, class, builders, manufacturers and company requirements; review maintenance reports and provide feedback.
- In partnership with the Yacht Manager, create a long term plan of major works.
- Review all reported defects, analyse any significant defects and introduce measures to prevent recurrence.
- Manage dry docking and refits; create refit specifications, shortlist suitable shipyards and manage tendering process; monitor refit costs, quality and schedules; attend on-board yacht or at shipyard for planning and progress meetings as required; provide support with warranty claims on completion of refit.
- Provide round the clock support in the event of technical difficulties; duty manager rota and emergency response team participation; provide general technical and commercial advice and guidance; provide assistance with Insurance Claims.
- Review any relevant manufacturer’s bulletins and service publications relating to on-board main machinery and ensure any remedial actions required are undertaken.
- Assist with requests for urgent spares or services and manage the relevant logistics.
- Ensure an adequate fluid sampling and analysis programme is adhered to. Review analysis reports, provide advice as required ensuring any resulting actions required are dealt with on a priority basis in line with maintenance or refit planning.
- Ensure all yachts lifting gear is regularly inspected and certified.
- Provide concise monthly Status reports for your assigned yachts to the Yacht Manager.
- Undertake regular Technical Inspections on-board and ensure all items raised during inspections are clearly reported and followed up.
- Ensure any costs related to Technical Management services have prior approval by the Yacht Manager.
- Any other task reasonably requested
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Formal Education in Marine/Engineering/Naval studies to diploma or degree level.
- 3+ Years shore side superintendent experience or similar role.
- 10 + Years seagoing experience in an engineering capacity to at least merchant Class 2 Level or equivalent.
- Previous experience of technical management of passenger vessels is essential, knowledge or experience of passenger yachts or large yachts would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels (dealing with Captains, Chief Engineers, Chief Officers, Owners Representatives and colleagues).
- Effective at problem solving and multi-tasking.
- Sound knowledge of Classification, Flag, ISM/ISPS, SOLAS, Passenger Yacht, Large Yacht Code, etc requirements.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French. Proficiency in other languages may be beneficial.
- Ideally the candidate will already be living within commuting distance of Monaco
- A self-starter capable of working independently but also collaborating as part of a busy multi-functional team.
- Able to travel worldwide.
Please submit your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com